Thursday 9 May 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Roses! I love having flowers in the flat so am always on the lookout for the reduced bouquets 

Apologies for the silence recently; I managed to come down with yet another cold so have mostly been sneezing and sniffling and generally disgusting. Seem to be getting over it now but this (along with noticing a bit of weight gain) has led to the decision to make some healthy life changes: back to the gym on a regular basis (weightlifting, rawr!), more fruit and veg, no more biscuits at work etc. I'm feeling really positive about it and feeling a lot better after only a few days, so I thought I might do a quick little post listing some of the other things that are keeping me cheerful at the moment!

Rooibos Earl Grey from Waitrose
A new kind of tea always perks me up. Although my tea collection is now occupying half a cupboard so I should probably slow down there.


Buttons! I bought these on a whim at the Knitting and Stitching Show last year but totally forgot I had them until recently. I can't wait to find the perfect project for these, will need to be something special!

Spirit, the new book by Kim Hargreaves

The postman delivered this today! There are quite a few things I want to knit, although after going stash diving I don't have quite as much cotton as I thought I did, so there may be some yarn shopping in my future. I'll do a proper blog post on this later.

Butterick B5895
A and I are heading off to Download this summer for some rocking out (yup, I like vintage AND metal) and I've decided this will be my festival outfit. Assuming that I a) manage to work up the courage to attempt sewing trousers and b) have a flat enough stomach after all this gym going to whip it out (tastefully of course) in public! We'll see. Either way, a girl can dream!

What about you? Tell me what's rocking your world at the moment, I'm always open to more reasons to be cheerful :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment